For Self-publishing Authors
Fulfilling your proofreading requirements!
I am Dianne Wadsworth and my business, Gumhill Proofreading, provides a quality one-on-one proofreading service for self-publishing authors. I will guide you through one of the final stages of your self-publishing journey to ensure accuracy and consistency in your final manuscript. My qualifications and experience in proofreading, outstanding attention to detail and friendly and approachable manner will ensure that the proofreading process is not only easy and affordable, but your final manuscript will be of the highest quality. I have worked with other self-publishing authors so understand your needs.
Not just a ‘good eye’, I have a Certificate in Editing and Proofreading from the Australian College of Journalism (Open Colleges) and more than two decades of experience in the not-for-profit sector, aged care and disability sector, advocacy area, and manufacturing and building industries. I have proofread over 40 books, including areas such as general fiction and non-fiction, tarot and oracle cards, wellbeing, self-help, health, skin care, diaries, mystery fiction, biographies, true crime and gardening. I am a Professional Member of the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd) and a Full Member of Editors Victoria, which is a branch of IPEd.
When proofreading your manuscript, Gumhill Proofreading will:
- Ensure your voice is heard
- Provide a polished, professional finish to your manuscript
- Keep to the agreed deadline
- Provide a quick turnaround, if needed
- Offer reasonable prices to suit your needs and budget
- Deliver within the agreed budget
- Never outsource your manuscript.
I can ensure there are no embarrassing mistakes by:
- Addressing consistency with regards to layout and style
- Attending to awkward non-standard phrasing/wording
- Eradicating grammar, punctuation and spelling errors.
Gumhill Proofreading’s Terms and Conditions
Gumhill Proofreading has Terms and Conditions for self-publishing authors, these are:
- Payment of half the budget on acceptance of the quote
- Payment of the balance of the project within 14 days (unless by prior arrangement).